New Jersey Auto Insurance Coverage Options
Any company can give you an attractive price on auto insurance in New Jersey, but don’t be fooled…they may sacrifice your coverage or customer care to do so. At Plymouth Rock Assurance, we want the best for our car insurance customers—the best care, guidance and advice, all at competitive prices. Drivers who switch to Plymouth Rock save an average of $418 per year. We’re there for you when you need us most.
There’s a lot to consider when purchasing automobile insurance in the state of NJ. Some coverages are required by law, while others are optional. Whether you call us, get a quote online, or work with an auto insurance agent, we make sure you fully understand your options so you get the best policy to meet your unique needs. If you have a young driver in the house, be sure to read about car insurance for new drivers in NJ and auto insurance savings and safety tips for new drivers.
Coverage that Helps Protect Your Car
- Collision Coverage: This pays for damages to your car from a collision with another car or object, or when your car overturns.
- Comprehensive Coverage: This pays for damages to your car from theft, vandalism, flooding, fire, hail, or hitting an animal.
Coverage that Helps Protect Your Assets
- Liability Coverage: If you’re legally responsible for an automobile accident, this pays for injuries or damages and also pays for legal defense costs if you’re sued.
- Personal Injury Protection: This pays the medical and hospital costs for you or your passengers when there's an auto accident, regardless of who caused the accident.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: This pays for injuries or damages when you have an accident with someone who doesn’t have auto insurance.
Finding the Right Level of Coverage when Purchasing Auto Insurance
The coverage options you choose today may be critical in the event of an accident tomorrow. The right level of coverage depends on many factors, including:
- The value of the car you drive
- Where and how you drive
- The assets and income you need to protect
Auto insurance coverage doesn't have to be confusing. At Plymouth Rock, we’ll help you navigate through all of the options available in NJ and determine the right coverage you need.
Plymouth Rock also offers other types of insurance in NJ through our agent relationships and partnerships. Protect the important assets in your life with homeowners insurance, commercial auto insurance, collector car insurance, umbrella insurance, flood insurance, boat insurance, and motorcycle insurance.
Hurricane Sandy Forgiveness
If your car was damaged as a result of Hurricane Sandy and you submitted a comprehensive claim, rest assured we will not factor that claim into your insurance rate. We just don’t think it’s right to charge higher rates to New Jersey residents who, through no fault of their own, got caught in the storm’s path. Learn more about Sandy Forgiveness.
Get your free quote online or find an auto insurance agent to see how you can save on auto insurance in New Jersey through Plymouth Rock, and if you need additional information you can visit our contact us page or call 1-800-516-9242.
Annual average savings based on customers who switched to High Point Property and Casualty Insurance Company from January 2010 to April 2012. Your premium may vary due to available discounts, eligibility requirements, driving record, and other factors.
Comprehensive auto insurance claims for losses suffered as a direct result of Superstorm Sandy between October 28, 2012 and October 31, 2012 will not be considered in premium calculation for new policies issued prior to June 1, 2013 and all policy renewals; other factors may still affect your policy premium.